I’m guessing your answer will be something along the lines of, “excited, happy, full of love, but also sick, exhausted, nervous, sore, and emotional”
Pregnancy takes a LOT out of you, and if you’re working or looking after a toddler or older child then it can really leave you desperate for a sit down, or a sleep, or just a little bit of time for yourself to relax.
So to look after yourself and stop from getting completely run down, you can pack yourself off to bed early, lock yourself in the bathroom for a lovely soak in a bubble bath, or you can treat yourself to a wonderful pregnancy massage.
Here are my top ten reasons why you should chose to go for that massage, right now!
2) Being pregnant can put a real strain on you, both physically and emotionally, and taking the time out to just rest and enjoy a massage can help you reset and feel more like ‘you’ again.
3) Speaking of the physical strain pregnancy puts on you, having a massage can relieve a whole load of pregnancy discomforts like leg cramps, swollen ankles and back ache.
4) And on the theme of back ache, massage can really help if you’re experiencing sciatic pain, which is very common as the baby grows.
5) Massage in general is great as it can help to increase blood circulation, and this is especially good for mums-to-be because it means more oxygen and nutrients make their way to your baby.
6) Having regular massages throughout your pregnancy could potentially help you have an easier birth experience. The theory behind this is that massage relaxes you, and more relaxed mothers tend to have a lower risk of interventions during labour and birth.
7) Your hormones may well be all over the shop during pregnancy, and massage can help to stabilize them by stimulating the endocrine system, which in turn will help you feel better all round.
8) Massage improves muscle tone and flexibility which can help you to maintain good posture throughout your pregnancy, and help you to adjust your alignment as your baby grows and gets heavier.
9) It can ease the load on your heart and help to keep your blood pressure down.
10) Last, but definitely not least, it can help you sleep better, as you’ll leave feeling more relaxed and more comfortable.
Personally, if I were pregnant right now I would book a massage for reason 10 alone! How about you?!